With China’s growing presence in international markets and its rising influence on global economics, a sound knowledge of international business issues is becoming increasingly important for university graduates seeking roles in both international and Chinese organisations. The BA International Business with a Language programme aims to enhance your employability by equipping you with:
- a broad and comprehensive knowledge of international business issues
- knowledge of functional areas of business and management in an international context
- communication skills in both English and an additional language (Chinese, Spanish or Japanese)
The programme is delivered in the International Business School Suzhou (IBSS), one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS), and AMBA & BGA. Fewer than 100 business schools worldwide have both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation.
International Business with a Language (IBL) Programme has been granted as National Top Programme in 2020, Jiangsu Brand Programme in 2019, and Jiangsu Brand Programme for International Talents Training in 2021. During the development period, the program is under modification and potentially having three changes from AY2023/24: (1) lower language exit level from B2 to minimum B1; (2) create the option of Business Chinese to the students with high Chinese proficiency in Y4; and (3) replace ECO207 International Labour Markets with SMO208 Entrepreneurship.
Why should I study International Business with a Language at XJTLU?
- Take advantage of internships with and field trips to Fortune 500 multinational companies within the Suzhou Industrial Park area of Suzhou and the greater Yangtze River region
- Learn from a curriculum that combines traditional business theories with broader theoretical knowledge and practical studies of the key success factors that influence business in an international context
- Gain new language skills
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System）and The Assoiciation of MBAs (AMBA) in 2016, 2018 and 2020 respectively. AACSB accreditation is a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation. The EQUIS accreditation is a quality certification system for business schools set up by the EFMD (European Foundation for Management Development). It has become the most global authoritive and select business school certification body in the world with its comprehensive and rigorous review process. AMBA accreditation denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education. IBSS becomes the youngest business school in the world to have received EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA accreditation. There are only less than 100 business schools that have received both AACSB and EQUIS accreditation. This is an important milestone in becoming a world class business school and highlights the strength and significant influence of IBSS at the international level.
International Business School Suzhou (IBSS) is one of an elite group of institutions worldwide to be accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), a globally recognised standard for the highest quality in business education. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide have been awarded the accreditation and IBSS is the youngest school ever to have achieved it.