We are looking for future colleagues in the following field:
The candidates are expected to:
· Engage actively with new educational models and embrace innovative, interactive, technology-enhanced learning, teaching, and assessment approaches;
· Deliver high-quality teaching to undergraduate and graduate students, as evidenced for example by peers, students and external examiners;
· Supervise undergraduate students and postgraduate students;
· Conduct high-quality research, as shown by publications in leading journals;
· Provide administrative service to the School, the University and its stakeholders;
For senior positions, candidates also need to:
· Contribute to the school’s business engagement initiatives by building extensive industry collaborative partnerships;
· Contribute to the creation and support of a healthy research environment, with an emphasis on impact creation and funded quality research;
· Contribute to the school’s teaching development through mentoring and supporting early career academics;
Successful applicants to the position of Assistant/Associate Professor are expected to have:
· SA PhD degree or equivalent in relevant subject area;
· Appropriate research experience as evidenced by peer-reviewed journal publications for the corresponding academic position;
· Strong motivation to engage the industry in developing teaching content and research ideas;
· Candidates must have a high level of communicative competence in English; an equivalent knowledge of Chinese would be an advantage;
· For non-Chinese applicants, two years full time teaching in a college/university is required by the Chinese work permit policy;
· For candidates coming from a practitioner’s background or more experiences in industry engagement, we equally welcome those who have familiarity with the use of enterprise resource planning (SAP), inventory and warehouse management, purchasing and negotiation, or experiences with specialised areas such as supply chain finance, and supply chains for maritime logistics/food/automotive & aerospace/semiconductors & electronics /retail & services.
Successful applicants to the position of Full Professor are also expected to have (in addition to the above-mentioned points):
· A good track record of engagement with business and industry;
· A proven record of academic publications in leading journals, ABS (3 stars or above), ABDC (A or A*);
· Experience in PhD supervision;
· Candidates with administration and management experience in international universities or Sino-foreign joint universities are preferred;
· Some experience of working in a relevant industry would be an advantage.
Members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, and children’s educational, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance is provided. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for PRC work visa.
Please submit your applications online HERE
Applications must be submitted in a single PDF file that includes the following parts in the order of:
· A cover letter specifying your suitability for the role;
· A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level;
· A research statement (up to one A4 pages) articulating how your research is linked with real industry/business needs/problems, and how do you intend to engage the industry in the future research;
· Contact details for three references.
For further information, please contact the Dean of the School by email email@example.com
If you are unable to apply on-line please contact the Human
Resource Office through our HR Business Partner, Ms Yiting Xu at Yiting.Xu@xjtlu.edu.cn